Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Taking Eltroxin. TSH fall from 100 to 6.65 in 20 days is normal or abnormal?

Dear Doctor,
I have been diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. I have been taking Eltroxin 100 Mcg for last 20 days.
My clinical test for TFT before medication were
T3 -2.05 (ref 1.71-3.7) pg/ml ; T4 - less than 0.4 (ref 0.89-1.76) ng/dl ; TSH -more than 100 (ref 0.35-5.5) Ml U/ml.

Results after 20 days of TFT with medications are
T3 -3.32 (ref 1.71-3.7) pg/ml ; T4 - 1.08 (ref 0.89-1.76) ng/dl ; TSH -more than 6.65 (ref 0.35-5.5) Ml U/ml.

I am curious to findout whether the TSH fall from more then 100 to 6.65 in 20 days is normal or any abnormality to be corrected with our doctor.

Posted Sat, 19 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 22 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid is coming back to normal status.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXX, Hi ! just relax, nothing unusual has occurred , no correction is required, it is possible for thyroid function to normalize in 20 days with the right dose. Regards!
Follow-up: Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism. Taking Eltroxin. TSH fall from 100 to 6.65 in 20 days is normal or abnormal? 3 days later

Thanks for reply. I have lots of hair loss will it get reduced with right dosage of medication? would the leg cramp also go away. And is the medication for life else there is chance to stop it some point of time. Many thanks for your kind and courteous reply. XXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 13 hours later
Brief Answer:
Things will normalize in due course of time.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXX, Regards! hair loss will stop and even the hair you've lost due to thyroid will come back, but all this will take time. Once the thyroid balance is restored, and it remains so, then the things will start normalizing. Leg cramps will improve but you will require calcium, vitamin D, Vitamin B12, Folic acid and other multivitamins and mineral supplementation to treat leg cramps. The medicine for thyroid replacement is for sure going to last a life time. There may be some unusual happening , something called miracle that might happen to you and your thyroid may start functioning again, in that case, you may not require the medicine, else it will continue for life. Regards!