Diagnosed with Human papilloma virus. Done with papsmir and the doctor cut everything. How safe is to have sex?

hello, i want ask you if i was diagnose with hpv hi risk cervical about a week ago by papsmir so the doctor did biopsy and a week later she called me ad tell me that everything is ok she cut everything and now i dont have anything, and i dont have a virus,but as long as i know if you have hpv is staying in your body at least for 2 years and there no cure for this virus so is this true that she cut it by biopsy and i dont have virus any more? and also i want to ask if i have hi risk hpv in cevical can i have it in the oral and if is a big chance that i can have the oral cancer? do i need to go check to the specialist about that? and one more question so if i was diagnose with hpv that mean my husband have that too, and if im clean now and have a sex with my husband can i get infected again ? and have it again hpv hi risk? thank you
Posted Mon, 26 Aug 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 3 hours later
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
It is true that once you are infected with high risk HPV, the infection stays. Your doctor has removed the abnormal portion of your cervix by biopsy but you need to go for a regular follow up to find out any further spread of the disease. Your husband also must be having the viral infection.
This is not likely to cause oral herpes infection or cancer. So, do not worry.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with Human papilloma virus. Done with papsmir and the doctor cut everything. How safe is to have sex? 3 hours later
thanks for answering to me, just want to make sure the doctor said I don't have nothing there and I have to come next year for pupsmir so disease can spread? and how fast that could be? and is also will stay hpv hi-risk? and about oral cancer I asked about hpv not herpes can I have or my husband the oral cancer now? and if I have hi risk hpv so my husband have hi risk too? is it passable that the virus will ever leave? or now I will have the virus to the rest of my life hpv hi risk? thanks
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thanks for writing again.
Since your cervix has been removed, the chances of further spread of the abnormal cells or the infection is not likely. Annual PAP smear will help in detecting any early changes that take place in the area.
Usually the spread of cancer cells takes 10-15 years.
The HPV infection that you have might be persistent or may be removed by your immune system on its own.
The chances of you or your husband having an oral cancer due to HPV infection are very less but are not absent. Regular screening of any oral non healing ulcer is recommended.
If the HPV infection is persistent for many years then it is likely to stay. Your husband can consider getting himself vaccinated against the infection.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.