Diagnosed with Hpv. Colonoscopy and another pap normal. Noticed bumps in vagina, no pain or discomfort. What can be done?

Mar 2016

A year ago I was diagnosed with Hpv I had a colonoscopy and another pap since then which was normal. I have had the same partner for over two years. Just recently I noticed bumps in my vagina and i know warts are a symptom of hpv I'm wondering if that is what this is or if I should make an appointment right away. I have no pain or discomfort it just doesn't look right and I am wondering what I can do!
Posted Mon, 24 Jun 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. S Patra 46 minutes later

I have reviewed your uploaded image. On HPV positive, painless bump inside vagina is mostly indicative of genital wart. Though, you need to confirm that by pelvic examination and supportive lab test.

In this scenario, you must consult with your gynecologist to proceed necessary examinations and relevant investigations. Diagnosis is made on the basis of histopathological examination (under microscope) of concerned tissue.

Treatment Modalities: There is no permanent cure for HPV but some treatment can reduce its infectivity or transmission and risk of cervical cancer.

Some patients get improved result with using of 0.5% podophyllotoxin solution/ imiquimod or sinecatechins cream. Cryosurgery and Electrocauterization are some useful methods in selective cases only.

Hope, it helps for you regarding your query. You can freely ask me for more clarification.

Wish your good health & take care yourself.

Dr Soumen
Follow-up: Diagnosed with Hpv. Colonoscopy and another pap normal. Noticed bumps in vagina, no pain or discomfort. What can be done? 4 hours later
Thank you.

From the picture does it look like something isn't normal..? I've never looked that closely and i don't know if I'm being paranoid or if everything looks normal.
Answered by Dr. S Patra 2 hours later

Thanks for follow up query.

From what I see the lesion looks like a very small bump inside vagina. Careful examination under lights and speculum can reveal more clues to confirm the possibility. Hence my suggestion to pay visit to your gynecologist.

Let me know if you need more clarifications.

Good luck

Dr Soumen