Diagnosed with HSV2 on genitals. Got yeast infection. Took acycovir. Having pain in the vagina. Cure?

Question
Hi, I was diagnosed with HSV2 ON GENITALS ABOUT 7 weeks ago then got a yeast infection. Most all my symptoms are fine after taking 2 rounds of acycovir and two doses of diflucan. I still have some skin pain in my vagina that feels raw and tingly. I have sort of a yeasty smell down there. Is that normal or do I need another round of meds? My stomach has been very Gassy and bloated Also. Thanks!
Posted Tue, 11 Jun 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 35 minutes later
The mild altered sensations of the skin are normal after genital herpes infection. You can start taking methylcobalamin supplements to relieve the symptoms.
For the yeasty smell, you can take some general measures-
1.Avoid wearing tight underwear or other tight acrylic garments everyday. Use loose fitting cotton underwear and panties. Avoid wearing jeans, legging, panty hose every day.
2.Stay away from deodorant sanitary pads and tampons.
3.Do not remain in wet clothes for a long time.
4. You can insert tampoons dipped in yogurt into your vagina twice a day. Be sure not to keep them inside for more than two hours.
Another round of medicines is not immediately needed.
The bloated feeling can be taken care of with dietary modifications and is not related to the infection you had.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with HSV2 on genitals. Got yeast infection. Took acycovir. Having pain in the vagina. Cure? 5 minutes later
Thanks for your reply. Will these burning, tingling, raw skin symptoms eventually go away? Where can I purchase the supplements that you suggested?
Thanks

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 15 hours later
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
The symptoms will eventually decrease and go away. You can get pregabalin and methylcobalamin supplements prescribed from your physician.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.