Diagnosed with HPV after delivery, risk of cervical cancer. Bleeding did not stop, bloody mucous, pain after sex. Advise?

hi I had my kid about 8 months ago and after I had her the doctor told me that I had hpv and at high level risk for cervical cancer and I have not stopped bleeding through these 8 months here and there I will get a few days break but that's it and it hurt every time I have sex and causes me to bleed. And now I have been having bloody mucus as well. And the doctor told me she would check agin in a year but its not getting any better what do you think all this means
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rishma Lakhani 33 minutes later

Since the doctor said you have HPV, there are high chances of cervical cancer s your doctor said.

With the history of bleeding on and off since 8 months and also contact bleeding/ bloody mucus after intercourse, I would suggest you to go and get a XXXXXXX check up done from your doctor.

I would also advice you to go for a PAP's smear test which is the screening test for cervical cancer.

Lets see what the check up tells and would also like to know what the PAP's smear report is.
XXXXXXX your doctor as soon as possible.

Dr. Rishma Lakhani