Diagnosed with Gall stone. Had stomach ache. Asked to remove gall bladder. Suggest treatment in homeopathy?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
Question
Hello Doctor ,

I was diagnosed with Gall stones of 2 - 3 mm. I had stomach aches once in ten days (more than ten times in this 6 months). Doctors are asking to remove the gallbladder. Is this the only way to treat Gallstones ? Is there any treatment available in Homeopathy ? I am having a 5 month old baby and i am feeding him. In case if i am operated, will my baby be affected??

XXXXX
Posted Sun, 4 Aug 2013 in Liver and Gall Bladder

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 26 hours later
Thanks for writing in.
Assuming that the ultrasound report to be correct suggests that the gall stone disease is symptomatic. Once symtomatic the only option is surgical removal of the gall bladder. Homeopathy is not the answer to the problem and can in fact lead to more complications. Gall stones if untreated can cause not only symptoms but also mechanical problems which are difficult to treat.
Laparoscopic removal of the gall bladder is a very suitable option and will hardly cause any impediment to the nursing of the baby. Only for a day you may not be able to nurse the baby. Recovery is rapid. I hope this answers your doubt.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Gall stone. Had stomach ache. Asked to remove gall bladder. Suggest treatment in homeopathy? 5 minutes later
Is it possible to post pond the surgery ? My liver enzymes are also very high. i am taking tablets for this.

Answered by Dr. Ketan Vagholkar 10 minutes later
If liver enzymes are high then you need to be careful.
I would suggest the following liver supportive medications.
1. Tricholine citrate /sorbitol combination.
2. Ornithine compounds.
3. High protein/low fat diet/ high carbohydrate.
4. Rest at home.
5. ensure that viral markers are negative.
6. STOP ALL HOMEOPATHIC AND AYURVEDIC PREPARATIONS. THEY ARE XXXXXXX IN SUCH SITUATIONS.

Repeat liver function tests every 15 days till they normalise.
Surgery to be strictly postponed till liver enzymes normalise.