Diagnosed with GERD and gastritis, lost weight and feeling weak with hot and cold flashes. Cause?

Hi. I got diagnosed with GERD and gastritis almost 2 months ago. I lost 12 pounds during this 2 months and im feeling really weak. I have digestive problems but my concern is weight loss and constant fatigue. Also, lately im either feeling extremely cold or have hot/cold flashes. I also feel tightness in neck but think this could be due to gerd. Went month ago to internist where i had ultrasound of abdomen but also he checked my thyroid with ultrasound and said it looked normal. I just wanna ask if this symptoms could be due to some thyroid disorder and is ultrasound of thyroid enough for a check up?
Posted Wed, 16 Oct 2013 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Minal Mohit 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Thyroid functional profile is required.

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX Hi! You are right, cold intolerance, weakness, fatigue can be attributed to an under active thyroid. But, weight loss cannot be attributed to under active thyroid. Weight loss, fatigue, heat intolerance, weakness are features suggestive of overactive thyroid. You are right again in thinking that ultrasound of thyroid is not the sufficient investigation to answer our doubts, you need TSH and FT4 . Regards!