Diagnosed with Epididymitis. Had unprotected sex, taking phenazopyrid and ciprofloxacn. Advise?

A doctor examined me and said I have Epididymitis.I started getting the symtoms about a week and half after I had unprotected sex.I thought it came from over masterbating cause I started suffering the pain after masterbating alot.The pain seemed to go away from not masterbating.I started phenazopyrid 3 times for 2 days and ciprofloxacn twice per day for 15 days.Will this condition go away.
Posted Sat, 22 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Jasvinder Singh 3 hours later

I can understand your concern.

Epididymitis may begin with a low-grade fever, chills, and a heavy sensation in the testicle area. The area becomes more and more sensitive to pressure. It is diagnosed basically on the basis of physical examination and sometimes Doppler ultrasound is done. Hence your doctor must have prescribed you the medicine after physical examination.

You should take the medicines as prescribed.

Phenaopyridine relieves urinary tract pain, burning, irritation, and discomfort and it may cause transient discoloration of urine to range brown. Antibiotics are the treatment of choice and you have been prescribed the antibiotic Ciprofloxacin.

Epididymitis usually gets better with antibiotic treatment. There usually is no reduction in sexual or reproductive abilities. Sometimes recurrence may occur. To prevent it you should take the complete course of treatment of antibiotics.

Also bed rest, while elevating the scrotum and applying ice packs is helpful. You can also take anti inflammatory pain killer like Ibuprofen.

Hope this answers your query. If you have additional questions or follow up queries then please do not hesitate in writing to us. I will be happy to answer your queries.