Diagnosed with DVT and PE. Taking lovenox and warfarin. Smoked marijuana. Chances of heart attack?

Cardiologist, Interventional
I was diagnosed with DVT and PE on Monday with an INR of 1.09. On 80mg lovenox 2x a day and 5 mg warfarin one time a day. The past two nights i have smoked two hits if marijuana to help me sleep. The first night I could not sleep with the anxiety after hearing the diagnoses. Am
I chancing a stroke or heart attack with my smoking?
Posted Sat, 26 Oct 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 3 days later
Brief Answer:
Yes, you are definitely risking yourself

Detailed Answer:
Dear, having diagnosis of DVT and PE is quite a major diagnosis and I can understand your anxiety. However, perpetuating very own cause for disease is not a very wise thing to do.

Please quite smoking. If you are too anxious and unable to sleep, you can ask for meds from your doctor. Yes, smoking can predispose you to all vascular events, which includes stroke, heart attack, peripheral vascular disease like gangrene, PE and DVT.

Now that you have diagnosis of PE and DVT, you need to be on warfarin with PT/INR in the range of 2-3. Duration of which will be decided by your physician based on multiple factors and it can vary from 6month to lifelong. Please do get back to me if you have any queries.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with DVT and PE. Taking lovenox and warfarin. Smoked marijuana. Chances of heart attack? 6 days later
INR is at 2.09. Off the lovenox still on warfarin. What can i do to better my chances of getting off warfarin quickly as possible. I will not take it the rest of my, well i certainly dont want to. How can improve my chances
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
Nothing much

Detailed Answer:

It's generally not patients or doctors choice. It's guided by risk and underlying cause.

As requested in my first reply I need that information before answer it further.