Diagnosed with Cytomegalovirus, bleeding rectum. Scared of organs and eyes going out. Suggest?

I only have medicare & there is not many Drs that want anything to deal with cmv in Detroit Mi MY ins is not good anymore I have no one to take care of me if I go blind from cmv My kids are sick of me. Please advise me on what to do sorry to keep bothering you but I am so scared my organs & eyes are going quick I bleed from the rectum also what can I do I am going to die soon I am afraid Please advise me to a eye & cmv DR in my area Detroit Mi that will accept my ins Thank you & sorry for all my problems Thanks and bothering you so much I have lots more problems but I told you all I can rember I also have 4 closed head injuries nuropthy & seizures I am sorry & scared thank you

rectum to & am very weak I have bad panic attacks too
Posted Wed, 18 Sep 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 5 days later
Brief Answer:
Prevent complication of CMV infection

Detailed Answer:

I am not sure why are you so worried at this stage. I have seen many CMV patients have lived life long and full with family. Let me understand your situation first.

I presume that you have CMV(Cytomegalo virus) detected in the blood. You had not told how had you aquired it. Did you get organ transplantation? I could figure that you had read a lot of online stuff and worried. CMV retinitis (blindness) is not compulsory for all infected persons or the organ infections.

We still advise people to raise their immune status by very good and nutritious food. Along with it they have to drink a lot water and fluids. Fruits, vegetables and fish are preferred diet which will raise your immune status. You have to prevent infections to stay long without suffering. I am sure your kids will be taken care of if your immunity is good. You have to promise yourself a life that is worry free, bountiful nutrition and injuries.

If you have good immunity you do not need doctors except for annual physicals. The bleeding from the stool could be simple hemorrhoids, check out with any local doctor who accepts cash discounts instead medicare. Meantime you should write to the concerned authority who issued you 'Medicare' to guide you to local physicians.

I am afraid if you have more problems in your worrisome state than actual CMV.

Get back to me.