Diagnosed with Bell's Pasly. Given steroid shot and valtrex. Suggestions

DOCTOR OF THE MONTH - Jul 2016
Jul 2016

Urologist
Question
my husband has been diagnosed with bells Pasly . he was given steroid shot and valtrex for 5 days not much better
Posted Wed, 20 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine

Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer: it takes 2-3 months for complete recovery. Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for your query.Based on the facts that you have posted it appears that your husband has Bells Palsy. Bells palsy is paralysis of facial muscles due to damage of the Facial Nerve either due to viral infection or inflammation. If it is only the facial nerve palsy without any signs and symptoms of stroke complete recovery is certain to happen. It takes 203 months for complete recovery.the Hope I have answered your query. If you have any more questions please feel free to ask me I shall be happy to help you . Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Bell's Pasly. Given steroid shot and valtrex. Suggestions 23 hours later
should hulon get shingles shot.

Brief Answer: It is unlikely to get shingles with hulon Detailed Answer: Hello Thanks for follow up. It is unlikely to get shingles with hulol shot. Thanks and Regards. Dr.Patil.