Diagnosed with Barretts esophagus and throat feels sore. Could this be cancer?
User rating for this question
I was diagnosed with Barretts 2 years ago lately my throat is always sore, my voice is hoarse in the mornings, and I cannot eat bread. meat.and a variety of other foods without feeling like they are getting stuck. Raw fish is one of the only foods that is comfortable to eat. Do you think that it could be cancer or that my Barretts ids becoming more severe?
Posted Fri, 10 Jan 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Answered by Dr. Praveen 1 hour later
Brief Answer: This is unlikely to be due to Cancer Detailed Answer: Hi.Thanks for writing on XXXXXXX In my opinion, Barrett's disease rarely progresses to cancer (less than 0.5% of the patients per year). Do you have difficulty in swallowing only during morning or anytime during the day? Do you feel it is more difficult to swallow solids than liquids? Please feel free to share these details so that this will help me to understand better. Keep me posted.Happy to help.
People also viewed
- Ulcer symptoms loose stool
- Loose stool while walking on treadmill
- Sore throat or throat cancer
- Sweet smelling stool loose
- Esophageal cancer sore throat
- Cancer throat and esophagus life span
- Stds and loose stool
- Allopurinol for gout
- Loose smelly stools prilosec
- Persistent sore throat after smoking could this be cancer
- Equation for glucose
- Barretts esophagus cancer
- Codeine for migraine
- Sodium valproate dosage
- Gout and ketosis