Diagnosed with Acute LVF, treated with diuretics(Inj. LASIX). ECG & blood test reports. Is the diagnosis & medication correct?

Cardiologist, Interventional
Is the diagnosis correct and current medications proper ?

Current Diagnosis & Treatment
Acute LVF
Treated with diuretics (Inj. LASIX)

ECHO CARDIGRAM report summary:
Ectopic's noted during study.
Normal LV Systolic Function, EF -55%
No regional wall motion abnormality.
Grade I LV Diastolic Dysfunction
Mild MR / TR
No Clots / Vegetation
No Pericardial Effusion
NT - pro- BNP Blood test results - 340 pg/mL

Complete Blood Count (Out of Range values)

Eosinophils 10%
Platelet Haemotocrit (PCT) 0.15%

Clinical Bio-chemistry (Electrolytes)
All electrolytes (e.g: Sodium, Creatinine) are within Biological Reference Interval.
Posted Wed, 18 Apr 2012 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Answered by Dr. Prabhakar C Koregol 4 hours later

Thank you for posting your query.

Yes, the diagnosis looks quite fine.

Apart from current medicines you should have been on class of medicines called ACE inhibitors (Angiotensin-Converting-Enzyme inhibitor) or ARB (Angiotensin Receptor Blockers) but I see none. You should check with your doctor if there is any particular reason.

Apart from this, lifestyle changes such as regular exercise and dietary modifications are very useful.

Hope I have answered your query. Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Follow-up: Diagnosed with Acute LVF, treated with diuretics(Inj. LASIX). ECG & blood test reports. Is the diagnosis & medication correct? 32 minutes later
Thank you. I will check with the doctor on ACE Inhibitors / ARB.

Should I worry about my kidney in any way and get any kidney functional tests ?
Is my current condition reversible with medication ?

Thank you for the follow-up.

You have mentioned that your creatinine is normal and that means normal kidney function. But of course you need to monitor kidney function normally as matter of precaution than as matter of concern.

As most of measurable parameters are normal there is no need for any reversibility, only question is
recurrence of clinical heart failure which can be significantly reduced with treatment.

Hope I answered your query. Please accept the answer if you have no further concerns.