Diagnosed with AVN for hip joint. MRI scan showed preliminary stage. Ayurvedic or homoeopathic treatment?

Orthopaedic Surgeon
My wife has been diagnosed with AVN for Hip joint. She is having the acute pain and not able to walk.

The MRI scan shows that its a preliminary stage. Doctor have suggested to wait and keeping her on medicines before

doing Hip Replacement.

Can medicines help in recovering from AVN and the underlying pain. Also is there any way Ayurveda or Homeopathy science help ?
Posted Wed, 15 May 2013 in Arthritis
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 4 hours later
AVN is avascular necrosis of bone. It occurs when there is loss of blood to the bone. Because bone is living tissue that requires blood, an interruption to the blood supply causes bone to die.
The dying bone causes the pain. The medicines are given to increase the blood supply to the area which retard the progress of disease. These cannot reverse the necrosis that has already taken place.
Surgery is the last option if the pain is severe and the necrosis is progressive.
There are no treatments available in ayurveda and homeopathy that can reverse the necrosed bone to a living tissue.
I hope this answers your query.
In case you have additional questions or doubts, you can forward them to me, and I shall be glad to help you out.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Praveen Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed with AVN for hip joint. MRI scan showed preliminary stage. Ayurvedic or homoeopathic treatment? 1 hour later
Hi Doctor

So for the Hip Replacement surgery,
-> How successful are the surgeries ?
-> how long does the artificial Hip stays - how many years
-> if there some problem again, will the Hip replacement be done again ?
-> After replacement, is the person active again and can live a normal life ?
-> Any suggestion of Good Hip Replacement Hospitals ?

Pls let me know.

thanks XXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Praveen Tayal 8 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
1. The hip replacement surgery will reduce her pain and regular physiotherapy will then help her in leading an almost normal life. The surgeries are very successful as far as symptomatic improvement is concerned.
2. It depends on the amount of stress the hip is put to. Usually the artificial graft stays for 10-15 years.
3. If there is some problem, then the surgery can be repeated or revised.
4. After surgery and later on physiotherapy, the person can lead an almost normal functional life. There is no other option left for her.
5. It is best to get the recommendations regarding the best place for surgery from your family physician who will suggest a doctor nearest to your place.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.