Diagnosed with AVM. Experiencing intense pain in ear, temple and eye. Pain in shoulder. Noticed chest area heaviness. What to do?

May 2014

I have recently been diagnosed with AVM for the past almost 48 hrs i have been experiencing the most insaine pain ive ever felt in my life. Im having whats seems to be pulsating sharpe stabbing pains in through my right ear and behind my right eye and temple. I quite literally can not touch any part of the right side of my head or face. Im having a constant dull heavy pain in my right jaw wich up until this evening i thought was widom teeth coming in. My right shoulder is killing me and it seems as though im unable to really turn my head as my neck and back of my head hurts as well. Im also not able to really open my mouth too wide or even chew anything with substance. Im noticing my chest and rib cage are increasingly getting heavier and hurting more. And ive just in. The last hour started having pain in my right foot. ????
Posted Fri, 11 Oct 2013 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Vivek Chail 23 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please send in reports and site of AVM

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for writing in to us.

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing too many problems, all at the same time.

An AVM or arteriovenous malformation is a clump of blood vessels what are essentially benign but cause problems due to the high intensity blood flow in them. You have not mentioned the site of AVM and hence I am unable to give elaborate description of yuor main problem and possible treatment solutions.

From your query I suppose it is some where in the head and neck region. Here we have intracranial and extracranial AVMs referring to the origins from within or outside the skull. Both of them can cause severe headache.

I suppose you have been diagnosed as having AVM in the XXXXXXX lab or through CT and MRI scans. Please do send in additional information and reports of the angiography or scans that you might have undergone.

The shoulder, rib cage and right foot pains may be due to anxiety and of psychological nature. Since you have chest heaviness, I will advise you to get ECG done too.

Waiting for updates from your end.