Diagnosed with AF. Taking omeprazole. Noticed swelling on feet and ankle. Should I visit ER?

I was recently admitted to hospital with Paroxymal Tachycardia and suspected T.I .A. i already have been diagnosed with A/F. The Hospital have put me on 40mg of Omeprazole daily. My feet and Ankles are swollen. Should I go back to the hospital or is this normal
Posted Fri, 17 May 2013 in Heart Rate and Rhythm Disorders
Answered by Dr. Anantharamakrishnan 32 minutes later
Hi friend,
Welcome to Health Care Magic

This is NOT normal
You should go back to the hospital for further assessment and assistance...

Omeperazole is given for acidity (gastric)...!?

Swelling of feet and ankles have several reasons – heart (failure) / kidney / liver / veins (insufficiency or clot) / low protein and anaemia...etc
Check with your doctor...

Wishing speedy recovery
God bless
Good luck