Diagnosed with 3.1 abdominal aneurysm. Could I ask a doctor?

I was diagnosed with a 3.1 abdominal aneurysm. How can I find a vascular surgeon that is the best in my area? I am the worst with picking doctors.
Posted Sat, 2 Nov 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Madam,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the query I would like to tell you that clinical acumen of a doctor cannot be tested or guessed . Only thing you should look for is that he /she should be a post graduate in surgery and then must have done fellowship or specialisation in vascular surgery .

Other thing is his experience in treating abdominal aneyrysm . You an also talk with a person who has been treated by the doctor earlier , their experience will be the most reliable way to judge the doctors efficacy.

Hope it helps and you find a really nice doctor.

DR. Shruti