Diagnosed positive with endometrical TB and blocked fallopian tubes. Chances of getting pregnant?

My wife was diagnosed positive with endometrical TB which caused blockages in her both Fallopian tubes. She underwent laparoscopy which got her tubes clear. The doctor has started the treatment to cure TB which will take around 3-4 months (a minimum). My questions are -
1. What are the chances of her getting pregnant as compared to people with no anomalies?
2. Is it safe to try to conceive in the midst of treatment?

Posted Sun, 21 Oct 2012 in Infertility Problem
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 37 minutes later
Since your wife is having tuberculosis infection,. after a complete treatment and recanalisation of the tubes, her chances of conception will be almost similar to that of normal females. The chances of conception per cycle are nearly 15%.
It is best to let her complete the treatment for tuberculosis and then start with trials for conception as it is not recommended to take all those antibiotics during pregnancy.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
Follow-up: Diagnosed positive with endometrical TB and blocked fallopian tubes. Chances of getting pregnant? 17 minutes later
Well, I understand the fact that it's best to try once the treatment is over. However, we have a situation at hand - I am planning to go abroad for my further studies next year (around Aug-Sep) and because of which we are fancying our chances of conceiving as early as possible.

Our doctor said that we could try, and if she conceives, we'll stop the TB treatment for now, or switch to a milder treatment which can go side by side the pregnancy medications (if required). I just need a second opinion on the same.

Secondly, how to know if the fallopian tubes are damaged? I have got a small (internal organs') video provided by the hospital in which my wife's tubes can be seen. The outer parts of the tubes contain red spots which they say were caused by TB. Is spontaneous pregnancy possible in this case? Or, IVF recommended?

Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 36 minutes later
Thanks for writing again.
If you want to plan a baby earlier then you can try now as the intensive antibiotic treatment is given for first two months after which milder antibiotics are used.
The changes in the appearance of the fallopian tubes is reversible after treatment. The tubes need to be patent for conception. To have an earlier conception, you can ask for ovulation induction treatment from your gynecologist.
It is right now too early to plan for IVF without giving natural conception a chance.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Follow-up: Diagnosed positive with endometrical TB and blocked fallopian tubes. Chances of getting pregnant? 23 minutes later
Thank you for the confirmation, this certainly helps!!
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Thank you.
I am happy I could help.
Wish you all the very best in whatever you do.
You can consult me again in case there is any problem.
Best regards.