Diagnosed of hiatus hernia. Phlegm comes out after eating. Advised for ganaton and zinetac. Any ayurvedic medicine?

Ayurveda Specialist
I am diagnosed of hiatus hernia recently. I am having a problem of lot of phlegm coming out after anything I eat for last 10 to 15 years. All these years I didn't understand the root cause of the problem. The doctor said after seeing the scan report that it is mild hiatus hernia with no other complications in the report. Doctor advised me ganaton 50 mg tab along with zinetac 150 mg. But when I take ganaton, Iam experiencing severe head ache. So I stopped the medicine intake. I am looking for any Ayurvedic medicine with no side effects. Kindly advise doctor.
Posted Mon, 20 May 2013 in Ayurveda
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 1 hour later
It appears that your present complaint has no link with your diagnosed problem of hiatus hernia. The excess of phlegm is due to vitiation of kaph. The reasons for this vitiation can lie in your diet with excessive kaphaj products being consumed more, such as curd etc. Avoid cold, stale, fried and dry things in your diet. Exposure to pollution and cold also increases kaph. You will have to raise the immunity of body to counter it. A product named as swamala is good immuno booster. XXXXXXX XXXXXXX ras or tab. A flucil forte will cure the phlegmatic condition quickly. Use of turmeric in hot milk also normalizes vitiated kaph and cure the phlegmatic condition.
As far as hiatus hernia is concerned, it is a case for surgery but can be managed well with little care. Have small meals for more number of times. Keep bowels clean. Light laxatives do well. Avoid tension and fast food.
God willing you will be perfectly healthy very soon.
Follow-up: Diagnosed of hiatus hernia. Phlegm comes out after eating. Advised for ganaton and zinetac. Any ayurvedic medicine? 25 minutes later
My doctor said that due to hiatus hernia the phlegm which Iam getting is an acid reflux condition. Is it not true? As u said, I am not taking any excessive fatty foods at all. Even though I stopped taking any of the fatty foods, I am getting phlegm.
Answered by Dr. Rajesh Lakhanpaul 6 hours later

The part up to acid reflux is fine, but phlegmatic condition association may not be true directly. As acid reflux may cause indigestion which further may help in lowering body immunity and then leading to a platform where phlegm can be formed may sound true. It is good you are not taking fatty foods. The prescribed medicines will check its production.

Use of steam inhalation loosens the attachments and causes easy expectoration. Cap. Karvol for inhalation eases expectoration, thereby giving relief to patient.