Diagnosed in infection in vagina. Prescribed buscopan and cefakind. Suffer from acute pain and swelling. Home remedy?

May 2013
i went to a gyno..n she said i have infection in my vagina because i did sex for the first time..and she gave me buscopan plus(1 tab each day) cefakind 500(2 tab in a day) and fluka 150 and after taking it today i am suffering from acute pain n swelling..please help i am in lot of pain..please urgent..and wat can i do to get off this pain and home remedy..for this time of the night.
Posted Fri, 19 Jul 2013 in Pregnancy
Answered by Dr. Sree Gouri SR 10 hours later

Some amount of pain can be seen in pelvic infection.
If you are having excessive pain and swelling after taking the tablets better to consult doctor as early as possible to rule out adverse reactions to medicines.
If you had swelling and pain before starting the medicines, that can be due to acute pelvic infection only.
For immediate treatment you can take one more tablet of buscopan plus prescribed by your doctor and consult you doctor as early as you can.
Then with your doctor's advice you can go for:
-Intravenous antibiotics and analgesics
-Intravenous fluids
-Anti-inflammatory medicines
Once rule out the possibility of post-coital tear.
Sitz bath that helps in decreasing the pain and swelling.
Hope I have answered your query. I will be available to answer your follow up queries. If you are satisfied with all my answer, please rate the answer after closing the discussion.