Diagnosed hormonal imbalance. Has swelling between neck and breast. Cause? What can be done?

XXXXXXX is my helper from Philipino. She arrived four years ago with a swollen heart condition. After consultation and medication from an endocrinologist who diagnosed her hormonal imbalance, she was recovered and was asked to stop medication recently. This morning, she had a sudden swelling (size of her palm) between her neck and breast (left hand side) followed by pain at the back of her neck and along her left hand. She will be meeting a doctor but the appointment is not until two days time. As this moment, I would like some answers as to what the symptoms were about in order to comfort her. She is 47 years old, female now residing in Malaysia. Thank you. XXXXX
Posted Sat, 6 Jul 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 34 minutes later
The swelling that has appeared suddenly can be a related to a cardiac or lung problem. If there is pain and fever associated with the swelling , then an infective cause like abscess is likely.
If there is an associated pain and difficulty in breathing then this needs an immediate evaluation. Since the conbsultation with physician is not due for next two days, it is best to attend an emergency room for an immediate treatment.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.