Diagnosed hodgskin lymphoma again. Getting chemo and radiation. Having severe back pin. What to do?

I had hodgskin lymphoma. I've been clear for 41/2 years. I'm 67. In July I was diagnosed with reoccurring H/L. I was put on a new genetically developed cancer drug. Given through IV. I had weight loss,40 lbs, and other symptoms. I have been in chemo on a 3 week cycle. I had severe back pain in the middle left quadrent of my back. I have been under radiation for 5 sessions. I am to have 15 sessions. The back pain is still there but has moved to the left side. Away from the original site. Is this normal.
Posted Fri, 13 Dec 2013 in Cancer
Answered by Dr. Jawahar Ticku 8 hours later
Brief Answer: Hodgkins Lymhoma Detailed Answer: Dear XXXXX, Thanks for your question through healthcare magic. You have hodgkins lymphoma which has possibly to your back bone or there are massive lymph nodes in your abdomen ( retro-peritoneum) giving rise ti pain in your back. Residual disease after chemotherapy is rightly being treated by radiotherapy. I will like to let you know that radiotherapy does not effect immediately but takes some time to act. Possibly after 3rd week of radiation treatment you should be getting relief in your pain. Hodgkins disease is a very radio sensitive tumour. I am sure you will be relieved of your disease as lymphomas are tumours very sensitive to treatment. Best of Luck. Truly, Dr. J. Ticku