Diagnosed having sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Suggestions

hello doctor ,

I went to India recently to address all my problems.
My endocronologist confirmed that i had sub-clinical hypothyroidism. she already started treatment with low dose.She also did tests for other autoimmune diseases.

My full XXXXXXX profile is completely negative. She also did tests for RA . Which includes anti-CCP, SED rate and RF. RF and SED rate are OK but my anti-CCP is 21.9 .

When I asked her whether I only have thyroid problem, she replied saying YES. She asked me whether I had any joints problem.I told I don't have any but i said I have low back pain. She told everything was ok with me except thyroid.

Please go through these reports and tell me whether I had any autoimmune diseases. Also clarify me whether I had RA .

with regards, XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 31 May 2013 in Lupus
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 1 hour later
Anti CCP is actually a marker of scleroderma.
However sometimes even in thyroid disorders it can be raised.

To know whether it is scleroderma or not, you need to repeat test.
A rise in titres with associated symptoms may suggest scleroderma.

Let me know if you have any other doubts.

Thank you
Follow-up: Diagnosed having sub-clinical hypothyroidism. Suggestions 13 minutes later
hello doctor.thank for your reply. My doctor told me that I don't have any autoimmune disease except my thyroid problem. She also told me that a slight raise in anti-ccp is associated with different things and assured me that it is not related to auto-immune diseases. i am getting hives e veryday since an year. she told my hives might be due to my thyroid problems.

Can you tell me whether you think i really had autoimmune. Except for slight thyroid anti-bodies and slight increase in ant-ccp, all my tests for autoimmune are normal.

Do you think this anti-ccp value with slight elevation are significant. Also go through my reports.
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the follow up.
I have gone through your reports.

Your doctor is correct in saying that mild elevation in anti CCP might be normal or may be even related to thyroid.

Also hives is a proven associate of thyroid disease.

That's why I asked you to get the titres done again and also to notice the symptoms of disease.

As for now I wont say that you have an autoimmune disease.

Thank you