Diagnosed for thyroid, put on thyronorm. Will it cure my thyroid and will I put on weight ?

Hi! i am XXXXXXX .
i am 38yrs old i found about my's level is 6.5...and i have been prescribed thyronorm once a day specially in the this medicine going to cure my thyroid plus will i put on weight and if yes how much..? do i need to follow any particular diet.? with this medicine i have been giving B complex too...i am feeling very weak and sleepy...pls clear my doubts..
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in Thyroid Problem and Hormonal Problems
Answered by Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani 16 minutes later

Please note that your TSH is 6.5, means your thyroid gland is not producing required amount of thyroid hormone.

That is the reason why thyronorm is given to you as supplementation. This is only supplementation not cure.

As of today we only treat thyroid problems we do not have cure for this,means with medicines the thyroid deficiency is corrected..

You will not put on any weight. No special diet is required.

Yes, your weakness will definitely improve and you will start feeling better.

Please take the drugs regularly and get your TSH checked again, one month after the medicines.

Hypothyroidism is not something that you should worry about.But, normal thyroid function is must for all the body systems to work normally.

You can take B complex for time being till everything gets in order.

Please visit your doctor regularly and keep a track on your thyroid hormone.

I hope this helps.

Do write again if you have something more to ask.

In case you do not have further query, please accept the answer.