Diagnosed deaf upto 45% in both ear. Is audiogram damaging the nerve?
User rating for this question
Hi I have been diagonised Deaf (upto 45%) in both the ears by our Local ENT by using AUDIOGRAM and BY using MAICO MI 34; TYMPANOGRAM and REFLEX. I have been told it is the weakening of Nerves and might have to go for Hearing AIDS; in future / now. They have seen some fluid in Left ear and feel that it may dry up by medication in 15 days and will be taking another audiogram after that. I wanted to have second opinion on the same.
Posted Fri, 12 Oct 2012 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Answered by Dr. Naveen Kumar 2 hours later
Thanks for the query
It is difficult to analyze what exactly your problem is without an audiogram. Even though you have mentioned that you have 45% hearing loss with sensori-neural component, we need to check at what frequency you are having this problem and how much is the air-bone conduction gap. If you could mail us the copy of the Audiogram done, we will be able to explain you in a better way and guide you accordingly.
Dr. Naveen Kumar N.
ENT and Head & Neck Surgeon
People also viewed
- Is ear nerve damage permanent
- Catarrh how to remove behind eardrum
- How to treat catarrh behind eardrum
- Catarrh behind eardrum treatment
- Causes of scaly patches behind childs ear
- Blood pressure goes up after short walk
- Blood in urine after hernia surgery
- Cheese smell behind ears
- Blood in stool after hernia surgery
- Ear nerve damage jaw
- Odor from old blood after hematoma
- Ear nerve damage causes
- Blood sugar after a heavy meail
- Ear nerve damage and vertigo
- Inner ear nerve damage