Diagnosed costochondritis causing anxiety. Having pain and tingling in chest. Guide

Pain in chest two yrs ago that was diagnosed as costochondritis causing anxiety. About a yr ago started gettin tingling which gets worse with stress. Now have the pain in chest and tingling. Gets worse if trousers are tight at waste.
Posted Sat, 1 Jun 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 35 minutes later
Thanks for sharing your concerns,
You have suffered costochondritis 2 years back, now you are having tingling and chest pain.
Let me know exact location of chest pain character, radiation means it is localized or diffuse and any aggravating and relieving factors. Any tests are done and treatment you are taking if any.
Any way an ECG should be done to be sure it is not due to heart condition because that warrants visit to ER (Emergency room).
Tingling which gets worse may be caused by tight trousers may be related to nerve there.
That is lateral femoral cutaneous nerve causing paresthesia. This is called Meralgia paresthetica. This tingling occurs on waist and outer aspect of upper thigh. Pain associated with this can radiate to lower rib cage.
We need to rule out any other cause by appropriate examination and investigations.
Please provide above details, so that I can answer in details.
Hope this helps.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.
Follow-up: Diagnosed costochondritis causing anxiety. Having pain and tingling in chest. Guide 15 minutes later
Re chest pain I had the ECG done along with the x XXXXXXX and the bloods and it came back fine. That was the first time and I went to er. I had pain in the chest after carrying golf bag. As well I had been walking to work with bag with single strap across my chest and mostly with the strap going down the left side. The chest pain always comes and goes. Always on the left hand side and can be a dull pain or sharp pain. Gets worse if i lie on my side or on my front. Tingling can be anywhere but mostly seems to be in legs in the front things or in the back calf. Do get anxious from it.
Answered by Dr. Akhilesh Dubey 18 minutes later
Thanks for your input,
This good that you're ECG and X XXXXXXX came back normal.
If pain recurs then we need to repeat ECG.

Your pain could be due to inflammation of joints ribs and sternum that is Costochondritis. This usually responds well to simple analgesics like paracetamol.

If problem persists then local injection of anti inflammatory may be required.
You should not worry as there is nothing serious is there, please avoid tight trousers and nerve vitamin like B1, B6 and B12 may be supplemented.

Just see your Physician and get proper prescription.
Hope I have addressed all your concerns.

I will be happy to answer your follow up queries.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.

Wish you good health.
Dr. Akhilesh Dubey M.D.