Diagnosed as type 2 diabetes and have gum problem. Should I go for gum treatment?

Sir I have been diagnosed as type 2 diabetic and also having some gum problems with many of teeth mobile. Wanted to know shall I go for gum treatment or not. My sugar level random is around 160-180mg/dl. Also, what shall be my next step towards medication
Posted Wed, 27 Mar 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. L K Shankdhar 7 hours later

Thanks for utilizing XXXXXXX website.

Yes, you need to undergo dental treatment under some Dentist. But glycaemic control is not judged by Random Blood Glucose. Better get your fasting and Post meal samples to know of your control.

With best wishes.
Dr. LK Shankhdhar