Diagnosed as heterozygous. Whom should I consult?

sir my 6 years old son has been diagonised as heterozygous hbe (a/e) in Assam. whom i should consult in delhi ?
Posted Fri, 30 Aug 2013 in Child Health
Answered by Dr. Taher Kagalwala 1 hour later

Unfortunately, this site is for an internet based answer to specific medical queries, and is not a directory site. Even so, for your benefit, I have researched and found for you the contact numbers and whatever extra information I could get for you for the 4 main hospitals in New Delhi and surrounding region.

These are the doctors who work in the department of Haematology at the Sir Gangaram Hospital ((011) 0000, 0000)

Prof. Dr. XXXXXXX Bhargava
Dr. XXXXXXX Saraf, XXXXXXX Consultant.
Dr. Jasmita XXXXXXX Consultant.
Dr. Sabina Langer, Consultant.

AIIMS ( (011) 0000): Ctc. Dr. XXXXXXX Saxena, Dept of Hematology
XXXXXXX ((011) 0000 )(Malaviya Nagar)

Indraprastha Apollo Hospital ((011) 0000 WWW.WWWW.WW .

You can do further search on the net to find the doctors, or send an enquiry via the hospital's website for details or call them up directly.

Hope this helps.

Wishing the best of health for your son and for your whole family,

Dr. Taher

P.S. I would personally go to either AIIMS or the Sir Gangaram Hospital with my son if I were you and then consult one of the Pediatric Hematologists who are attached to one of these hospitals. Meeting a general pediatrician would also be a good starting point, as they can then guide you on the best alternatives from within the hospital.

Dr. T