Diagnosed and treated for helicobacter and peptic ulcer. No gall stones. Stomach and joints pain, headaches. Advise?

Oncologist, Surgical
I was diagnose with helicobacter paylori two years ago had the treatment and following that I was told by the doctor that the infection gone .I keep having pain nearly all day long on my upper right side of my stomach ( abdomen ) under my rib cage . I had a gastroscopy and told that I had a liner peptic ulcer again had treatment and told by doctor all clear .....but my pain is constant there ......had a CT scan to rule out gallstones and told also clear .I am 37 , overweight , smoker about 5 a day .I had blood test and told all ok just low in calcium . Quite often severe headaches , pain on my joints and feeling numbed my legs morning time .I keep having this right side abdominal pain daily what can I do ?
Posted Sat, 18 May 2013 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rohan Khandelwal 1 hour later
Dear sir,

Sorry to hear about your problem. From your symptoms it looks like that you have either developed a recurrence of your ulcer or gallstones. I know you have got a scan done to rule out stones but ct is not the best modality to pick up stones. You should get an usg done, as that is the best modality for gall stones.
As far as the ulcer is concerned, you can either do an urease breath test to diagnose it or get a repeat endoscopy done.
In the meantime you should try taking an antacid as this might help in reducing your symptoms.

Hoping for the best.