Diagnosed BPPV vertigo, treated in hospital ER. Still feeling weak, shaky, drowsy. Had Stemzine for nausea. Any advice?

Hi, I was treated in hospital ER two nights ago, the diagnosis being BPPV vertigo. I have a history of low blood pressure, and fainted at work. I could not get up afterward, any movement of my head caused dizziness, my extremities were numb and my muscles felt swollen and heavy, and when I tried to move them I was overcome by nausea. Subsequently I saw a GP who sent me to hospital to rule out transient stroke, but the ER Dr didn't feel it was necessary to do a scan.
Now two days later I am still weak and shaky, and sleeping heavily up to 16 hours a day, also very groggy. I was given Stemzine for the nausea (and IV saline in hospital) but I don't believe it is causing the drowsiness since I had that before I took the daily dose.
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 2 hours later
Feeling very groggy and shaky after an attack of unconciousness may be due to a brain injury or a stroke. To rule out any such cause, an MRI of the brain is required.
Your symptoms do not seem to be only related to BPPV or a side effect of Stemzine use.
This problem needs a medical attention and investigations like CT scan and MRI are entailed. I encourage you to consult a physician or a neurologist who can guide you through the tests.
Hope this answers your query. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Please accept my answer in case you do not have further queries.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.