Diagnose with hepatomegaly with grade 3 fatty liver. Taking alcohol and non veg food. Concerned

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i am diagnose with heptomegaly with grade 3 fatty liver. i am non veg lover. i also take alcohol once in a week around 3-4 pegs of 60 m.l. so please guide me what should i do in order to get my liver back to normal. or is it reversable. i am worried.

Posted Fri, 20 Jul 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for posting your query

Fatty liver in either case alcoholic or non alcoholic is reversible only if it has not scarred

Once the inflammation sets in and the liver tissue gets scarred and fibrosed it will end up in cirrhosis

I think it would be better on your part to give up alcohol, avoid fatty meals and take a good hepatic tonic in advise with a gastroentrologist

Hope this helps
Am Available for followup queries
Wishing you a Speedy recovery