Diagnoised with sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism. Had abnormal lesult for Rheumatoid artritis. Having low back pain. Remedy?

Question
Hello sir,

We had detailed disscussion before regarding my health problems.
I actually came to India for a brief amount of time . Sorry for not meeting you, my father didn't listen to me and instead took me to other endocrinologist whom he know.
The good thing is she listened to me carefully and patiently and also did bunch of tests for autoimmune diseases and other supporting tests too like sed rate etc.

You can see my reports now. Please see our previous discussions also which may help you further evaluate my condition. Also I'm attaching the latest reports for detailed analysis.

I need to tell you that I had abnormal lesult for Rheumatoid artritis but my RF FACTOR was negative. Also SED rate is also normal. My XXXXXXX full profile was also negative.

The doctor diagnoised that I had sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism and also started treatment with a low dose.

Now can you please interpret these results and tell me the probability of getting RA because eventhough I tested positive for ant-ccp but it is almost borderline positive. Also my anti-ccp is not too much high. Right now I don't have any leg pains or joint pains except for having low back-pain.

This will greatly help me to proceed further....
Waiting for your reply.....

with regards,
XXXXXXX
Posted Fri, 7 Jun 2013 in Arthritis

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 17 hours later
Dear XXXXXXX

Nice to interact with you again. Now coming directly to your question anti CCP is only slightly elevated. This in the presence of normal SED and other tests and lack of symptoms makes the possibility of RA less tenable. In any case, the test may have to repeated after a few months time to see the trend. So in my opinion isolated slightly elevated CCP isn't of much diagnostic value. I suggest you do see an immunologist if a repeat test after a couple of months is still positive.
Shivaprasad

Follow-up: Diagnoised with sub-clinical hypo-thyroidism. Had abnormal lesult for Rheumatoid artritis. Having low back pain. Remedy? 16 minutes later
Hello sir did you saw any of your patients with this level of anti-ccp and test negative after some months.

According to your experience and considering my age and the present level of anti-ccp levels ,what are my chances of getting RA in the the future.

Can you tell me if we start medications now rigorously , can we eliminate the disease activity completely and my anti-ccp levels turn negative.

do you think my thyroid problems and my chronic hives are turning my anti-ccp positive.

If you give me the exact percentage of me getting RA now or in the future.
note that my rf factor is still negative , sorry i was unable to upload the report right now.

sir i am having serious dry eyes . I am taking anti-histamines everyday to control my chronic hives.

So i'm taking refreshing tears now. I started taking refreshing tears recently. Do this related to RA?

with regards, XXXXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Rahul Tawde 10 minutes later
Dear XXXXXXX
I must confess that I don't see RA patients as Im not a rheumatologist /immunologist. I asked you to repeat this test after a couple of months because of my experience with my aunt. In her case it did became negative when tested from a second lab. Thyroid has nothing to do with anti CCP. For your other queries I suggest you see an immunologist because I don't have enough expertise to comment on. I mean I'm not the right person.
Hope this helps
Shivaprasad