Diagnoised with GERD. Suffering from stomach problem. Taking Nexium. Have swollen belly and discomfort. Suggest?

Gastroenterologist, Surgical
i am female.I have been diagnoised with GERD. i am begining to wonder if thats my problem. i have been suffering with a stomach problem for over 5 years. I've had most of the medications.Now i'm taking Nexium 40mg. I believe it is causing me to have worst problems. I only suffer at nignt so i take a 40mg pil before going to bed. This morning i woke up with a swollen belly and discomfort in my lower right side sort of hurts. The top of my stomach, between the chest right at the V is where the most discomfort is. I believe thats the esphogust area.i was also told i have an esphogus hernia..
Posted Thu, 25 Jul 2013 in GERD
Answered by Dr. Ajit Naniksingh Kukreja 1 hour later

Thanks for writing in

What I presume is that there is some form of stress in you life, GERD is always aggraveted with stree

I would suggest you take Nexium 40 along with domperidone twice a day before breakfast and before dinner

Take the probiotic all seven days a week and follow the tips mentioned below

1] Avoid spicy, fermented meals
2] Do not have heavy meals
3] Avoid smoking and alcohol
4] Wear loose clothes
5] Do not stoop
6] Do not lift heavy weights
7] Raise the head end of your bed
8] If Obese lose weight
9] If under stress - Manage stress levels by meditation and exercise

Hope this helps
Do write back in case of concern
Wishing you a healthy life ahead