Diabetic,damaged kidneys,dialysis,high bp

i have been a diabetic for thiry yrs. 3 yrs ago j had a XXXXXXX and it damaged my kidnys i did dialysis for 4 mts. and have a creatin b.l. of 2.1 however my pot. level hovers over 5.6 and bp is elevated. very suspect to drug reaction. beta bl. will be alright with hem d. @ home any thoughts 53 190
Posted Wed, 2 May 2012 in Kidney Conditions
Answered by Dr. Raju A.T 21 hours later

This is Dr Raju Arva from Healthcaremagic

Please find the opinion and recommendations posted by Dr. Sree XXXXXXX Raju XXXXXXX consultant in Nephrologist as below.

I do consider the same that the Beta blockers could be the culprit in causing the aggravation of the renal illness and the higher levels of Potassium.

I would like to know the range of your previous Creatinine levels, based on which I could comment on the efficacy of the hemodialysis at home.Also do provide the previous potassium levels.Do send reports of tests on renal functioning and biopsy studies ( if done ) to YYYY@YYYY .

Anticipating your response ,

Dr Sree XXXXXXX Raju XXXXXXX Nephrologist