Diabetic with high blood pressure and 90% blockage in rca. Is it curable?

Cardiologist
Question
my mother has 90% blockagae in RCA
is it pssible to cure it by medicine
she is also suffering from high B.P and DIABITIES
she can not sleep without tablet
Posted Tue, 15 Jan 2013 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Gopi A 27 hours later

I have noted the details of your mothers health.

As mentioned by you she has a 90% block in the RCA. Blockages are due to build up of fat in the arteries and these blocks cannot be dissolved by medicines. If the artery is large and if she is symptomatic she may need an angioplasty regarding which your cardiologist would be able to advise you. Medicines may help her to get some relief from symptoms. The medicines being taken by her appear to be appropriate except for the fact that I notice that her haemoglobin level is less and she is not on any medications for that for which I suggest you speak to your physician about it.

with regards,

Dr. A. Gopi

Follow-up: Diabetic with high blood pressure and 90% blockage in rca. Is it curable? 29 minutes later
can she take aurvedic treatment with current treatment.

Answered by Dr. Gopi A 59 minutes later
Hi again,

No harm in taking it, but do not stop the regular medications.

Dr. Gopi

Follow-up: Diabetic with high blood pressure and 90% blockage in rca. Is it curable? 15 hours later
can my mother live better by taking medicine and without going for angioplasti
what food she should avoid
can she do pranayam

Answered by Dr. Gopi A 23 hours later

Looking at the severity of the block I would opine that she will be better off doing the angioplasty. She should avoid fatty food like ghee, butter, fried items, red meat etc. She can do Pranayam.

With regards,

Dr. Gopi A.