Diabetic with hepatitis C. Drug test positive for THC use. Why?

I am a dibetic and i have hepatitis c at drug testing i test positive for thc use. i dont smoke or use. what could be the cause of a positive test for thc? i need help my job is on the line!!!!!
Posted Thu, 28 Jun 2012 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Answered by Dr. Pavan Kumar Gupta 38 minutes later
Hello and thanks for the query.
Hepatitis C is a contagious liver disease that results from infection with the Hepatitis C virus. It can range in severity from a mild illness lasting a few weeks to a serious, lifelong illness. Hepatitis C is usually spread when blood from a person infected with the Hepatitis C virus enters the body of someone who is not infected. Today, most people become infected with the Hepatitis C virus by sharing needles or other equipment to inject drugs. Before 1992, when widespread screening of the blood supply began in the United States, Hepatitis C was also commonly spread through blood transfusions and organ transplants.

Hepatitis C can be either “acute” or “chronic.” vaccine for Hepatitis C. The best way to prevent Hepatitis C is by avoiding behaviors that can spread the disease, especially injection drug use.

The goals of HCV treatment are to remove the virus from the blood and reduce the risk of cirrhosis and liver cancer that can result from long-term HCV infection.
People with hepatitis C should also:

1. Be careful not to take vitamins, nutritional supplements, or new over-the-counter medications without first discussing it with their health care provider.

2. Avoid any substances that are toxic to the liver, including alcohol. Even moderate amounts of alcohol speed up the progression of hepatitis C, and alcohol reduces the effectiveness of treatment.

3. Get vaccinated against hepatitis A and B.

Most people with hepatitis C infection have the chronic form.
There are many genotypes of hepatitis C
Most Americans have genotype 1 infection, which is the hardest to treat.

Patients with genotypes 2 or 3 are more likely to respond to treatment than patients with genotype 1. Newer drugs may improve the response of those with genotype 1.
Research shows that there is a higher prevalence of diabetes among persons infected with HCV. Chronic hepatitis C may contribute to the progression to diabetes.
You must consult a Gastroenterologist and discuss the treatment with him.
I hope to have answered your query in detail however you may revert to me for any further query.
Best of luck