Diabetic, wisdom tooth pain. Taking lactare and galact powder. Supplement to increase breast milk?

Feb 2013

Hello doctor,what to do to increas milk as my daughter is two month old and I am taking lactare and galact powder still I cannot fulfill her and even though I am diabetic right now Ian having pain in wisdom tooth pls guide me
Posted Fri, 22 Feb 2013 in Women's Health
Answered by Dr. E Venkata Ramana 59 minutes later
Thank you for your query on Healthcare Magic,
Exclusively breast milk is sufficient for infants till the age of 6 months.
The sufficiency of breast milk for a child can be known by the following:
1. Baby urine output in a day, passing plenty,pale urine atleast 6 to 8 times per day
2. Baby passing 1-6 liquid stools per day
3. Baby gaining weight
4. Let down reflex, if it is present it ensures optimum milk production and ejection
If the above features are there, then breast milk is sufficient for the child.
The following things will improve the breast milk:
1. Being positive and relaxed, without tension and anxiety
2. Taking appropriate, balanced, nuritious diet with an extra 500 kilocalories and the
modification of your thid diet according to your diabetes status by the dietician.
3. Minimum 1 or 2 breastfeedings to infeant during nights as it will increase
prolactin and lead to milk production.
As your wisdom tooth is causing pain, some times there may be impaction of the tooth, so consult a Dentist for proper management.
Hope I have answered your query, if you have any clarification please let me know.