Diabetic, want to do cataract surgery. Need information about insulin pump

I am diabetic and am need of cataract surgery. My A1C is 11.4 and so they cannot do the surgery until it is down. My doctor is not helpful to me. I want to know what to do to lower my level and want to know about an insulin pump.
I want to know if a pump is what I may need and what goes along with that. Any side effects or problems. How long would it take to lower my A1C if I work on it with everything I have got. I am so bad with my eyes that I am not comfortable driving.
Posted Wed, 31 Jul 2013 in Vision and Eye Disorders
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 45 minutes later
Welcome to Healthcare Magic.
Your HbA1c value is sky high and it shows that you are having dangerously poor blood sugar control atlas in the previous 3 months.
Such uncontrolled diabetes is a silent killer, it does not give much symptoms but is destroys the kidneys, eyes and nervous system known collectively as Triopathy.
Blood sugar should be controlled with lifestyle modification that is rational eating, moderate regular exercises and insulin/hypogycemic drugs.
The treatment of diabetes needs to be carried out in physician supervision.
If you can pursue a regular schedule then one week of treatment is sufficient for control of blood sugar.
HbA1c takes atleast 2months to come to normal, but is is a marker only and you do not need it to be normal but must have satisfactory levels of blood sugar in 7 days.
I hope the advise will be helpful for you.
Follow-up: Diabetic, want to do cataract surgery. Need information about insulin pump 8 hours later
Thank you so much!!
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 4 hours later
Welcome back to Healthcare Magic.
All the best!