Diabetic, treatment is going on. But always in increasing trend. How to control it?

I am 45 years old, wt 56 kg ,ht 5'1" and I have diaabetes since 2006 , my fasting sugar level is now 225 and Pp is always lower than fasting (110 ~ 140 ) , I have already consulted my doctor and treatment is going on but slightly it is increasing trend . I do morning walk everyday approx 3.5 to 4km . I can not do any other excercise . Pl. give your guidence to control my blood sugar .
Posted Tue, 8 Oct 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
In sufficient medication or adherence issues

Detailed Answer:

You seem to have very high Fasting blood sugar levels, and it is time to realize this fact and act on it. The more time the blood sugar is not controlled ( less than 120mg/dl) the quicker would be the complications that set in (within months to an year). It would be worth while to test for them now.

I appreciate if you are regular on your exercise. It looks to be sufficient. Now concentrate on the other two factors that is diet plan by a dietitian and medication. There are two things on the medication front. One is insufficient drugs and other is inadequate dose. Please recheck with your doctor else please change the doctor. If it requires to be put on insulin you may need to take it initially to control the blood sugars less than 120mg/dl. Always discuss with your doctor to keep the blood sugar under 120mg/dl (anytime) that prevents complications. It cannot be achieved in a day it requires thorough follow up, diet and adherence the medicaitons and it takes a week to month to achieve the goal.

Work with your doctor and dietitian for this goal. Also get annual physicals check up once a year with the following
Blood counts and other tests including liver, lipid and kidney profile
Foot examination
Eye examination
Dental examination
Sensory examination
Nutritional evaluation

Hope this helps.