Diabetic, notices green coloured discharge from vagina. Tested for HIV, gonorrhoea and chlamydia. Yeast infection?

I frequently get yeast infections since I am a diabetic. I always have thick white chunky discharge. Recently I have noticed a slight light green color that has been coming out of my vagina. Recently I have been tested for HIV, gonorrhea and chamlydia and I saw my Gyno yesterday and when she examined me she said she did noticed some slight yeast. Is this normal? And would my doctor have noticed the difference when I was examined?
Posted Wed, 29 May 2013 in Vaginal and Uterus Health
Answered by Dr. Ram Choudhary 56 minutes later
Welcome to healthcare Magic!
The occurrence of candida and other infections are more common in the diabetics and other immunocompromised persons.
The greenish tinge is definitely not normal color of vaginal secretions and indicates an additional infection with bacteria/trichomoniasis.
Ideally the discharge should be tested in the laboratory- microscopic examination and culture.
Controlling the sugar levels and treatment of candida infection and the additional cause at the earliest is advisable.
Your Gynecologist would advise that and customise if required with the culture reports.
I hope the advise would be informative and useful for you.
Take Care!