Diabetic, kidney stones, erectile dysfunction. Taking metformin, gliclazide, voglibose, hemiplasia. Advise?

respected sir my age is 63 yrs im diabetic since 10 yrs on oral drugs metformin +gliclazide +voglibose.OPErated for kidney stones in 2010 by RIRS taken dutalfa for 2yrs now shifted on hemiplasia .have problem in erection during sexual intercourse .pls advice thanking u
Posted Tue, 22 May 2012 in General Health
Answered by Dr. V. Kumaravel 16 hours later
Dear Sir,

I do agree you had been treated for diabetes and your concern now seems to be related to erectile dysfunction.

Erection problem can be related diabetes or androgen deficiency associated with your age or due to other hormonal or psychological problem.

I would suggest you to control your blood sugars, check your Testosterone, prolactin hormones and your Renal functions. Your HBA1c value will help to assess the degree of glycemic control.

Once we fix up the cause for your erection problem, we can plan the treatment accordingly. It is definitely treatable.