Diabetic, insulin twice. Having erection problem. Why isn't penecra or edicra helping?

Sir. I am a diapetic patiest for the past 18 years. and i am taking insulin twice daily for the past 3 years. Now for the past 3 years i am haviing erection problem. Local doctors hv suggested to use penecra/edicra occassionally. But that is also no use for erection. I am 51 years old. Can u help me to come out of t.,....
Posted Sun, 15 Apr 2012 in Sexual Problems
Answered by Dr. Andrew Rynne MD 2 hours later
Hi there.

Thank you very much for asking your question here.

As an insulin dependant diabetic you are bound to suffer from erectile dysfunction. It would be very surprising if you did not. This is manageable. You can have good erections again. I do not know what penecra/edicra is but since its not working it hardly matters.

What you need is Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) and Cialis 20 mg. The TRT will reduce your insulin requirements and improve your libido and erections. It will also help reduce risk of premature death. The Cialis will improve your erections somewhat.

If this combination does not allow you to have full intercourse then stay on the TRT but replace the Cialis with penile injection with something like Caverject. This will work and you will be like a new man.

Good luck and thanks again.

Andrew Rynne MD