Diabetic, insulin dependent. Can I marry a girl with diabetes?

I am a Diabetic Type1(insulin dependant) patient from 16 years.
I am thinking of marrying a diabetic type 1 girl. Is this a right decision or not?
Posted Sat, 31 Aug 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Prasad 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
I think it depends on circumstances

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX let me explain that to you.

On medical grounds, the choice is not right. Though there is no conclusive evidence, as per American Diabetic Association, the chances of offspring developing diabetes are high if both parents have diabetes. There are 1/10 to 1/4 chances of your child developing type 1 diabetes, if you and your wife have type 1 diabetes.

Contrary to the above, the odds are 1/17 if your partner is a non diabetic.

Therefore if there is no other circumstance, I think you need to reconsider your strategy.

Hope this helps. Write back if you wish to discuss further.