Diabetic, high blood pressure, severe sleep apnea on CPAP. Should I be serious?

Diabetic, history of ONE TIA, high blood pressure, rt leg disaticulation of knee; severe sleep apnea on CPAP. Since Thurs 10/17 has slept all day and all night and is sleeping now; only wakes to urinate and drink some water. Seems not to know how to do the simplest of things; I asked him to lay his head down since he was sitting up sleeping and he did not know exactly how to do so...i had to show him what I meant; cannot hold on to a glass, it just drops, I'm worried something is very wrong but he is vet and hates the va, which is our only medical for him...any ideas if need to call an ambulance or just force him to go.
Posted Sun, 10 Nov 2013 in Brain and Spine
Answered by Dr. Shruti Rijhwani 35 minutes later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
Dear Sir,

Thank you for posting your query on XXXXXXX

Well looking into the problem I will suggest you that regarding the patient you are talking about , he is having a lot of comorbidities that is in his present situation many factors will be playing a role thus to individually point out one disease will be impossible .

In my opinion he needs to be taken urgently to the hospital and all his vitals need to monitored . There is a very likely possibilty of CO2 narcosis as he is confused and has problems of sleep apnoea . Possibilty of hypoglycemia also exists .

But all these require physical examination and determination of his status . So. in my opinion he should receive medical care at the earliest .

Dr. Shruti