Diabetic, had stroke. Had heart surgery, take clonozapem, gabapentin, lisinopril , atorvastatin and omega. Suggest?

Have had type 1 diabetes since 1967" Had a stroke in 1998 that occurred In my thalamus leaving me with a left side Tingling and burning that comes on Irregularly. The pain can be helped By clonopin. I had heart surgery for deposits in 4 of my Aortic valves however they only Treated 3 valves (2003). Recently 2 close relatives died (my elder Sister who had a different father.; and a Blood related cousin died in March. At that time I went off my medicines And since I returned to my full Doses have felt horrible. I take clonozapem, gabapentin, lisinopril , atorvastatin, XXXXXXX citrine, omega 3, baby aspirin, clopidogrel,zetia, centrum silver, homolog and levimir. Maybe this explains my depression?
Posted Mon, 1 Jul 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Luchuo Engelbert Bain 1 hour later
Hi and thanks for the query,

I think its very good that you have started taking your drugs again regularly as before, and I strongly encourage you. Diabetes and hypertension are chronic conditions as you know, and drugs must not be stopped, altered or added without prior notification of your physician.

These drugs generally might have some reactions or side effects from the start but regularize s time goes on. Under these circumstances in particular, since you went off the drugs for some time, it might necessary to monitor the blood pressure and diabetes more regularly for the start of the treatment. Your body has been off for sometime, and might react differently, either excessive or relatively slow, leading to certain sensations to be experienced.

I really do not think you should be depressed. You require a stricter blood pressure and diabetes control and monitoring, since you left medicines for some time. Continue with your normal life style recommendations, and consult your physician for a proper review.

Just consult your doctor, take your drugs, and feel good. he symptoms you experience are relatively mild, and should not a call for concern. You just need to book an appointment, respect it and see your cardiologist first.

Thanks and hope this helps as I wish you the best of health. Do not hesitate asking further questions if need be.

Best regards,

Luchuo, MD.