Diabetic and taking tramadol for chronic pain. What do you suggest?

I have recently moved to columbus. XXXXXXX area. I have been a diabetic and also on tramadol for 5 yrs for chronic pain. Can not find Drs who won't see me for 4-6 weeks. Any suggestions? I am 59 yrs old.
Posted Wed, 11 Dec 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Chakravarthy Mazumdar 20 minutes later
Brief Answer: Alternatives. Detailed Answer: Hi, I suggest before finding an Endocrinologist / Diabetologist who have a long appointment times, I prefer to meet a Primary care doctor or Internal Medicine specialist who are also trained to assist you. They can fill in your Tramadol prescription for the pain. They can prescribe you basic medicines to keep blood glucose under control after basic tests. If you cannot find them you can see at Urgent care clinic where even physician assistants and RN would be able to help you in the new area.