Diabetic and suffering from hypertension. Have gained weight. Suggest ways to reduce weight?

Question
I amXXXXX XXXXXXX
Age :- 43 Years
Height :-6 feet
Weight ;-118 KG
SUFFERING FROM HYPER TENSION FROM 2010 AND DAIBETIC FROM 2011 SEPTEMBER BEFORE MY WEIGHT IS 112 AND NOW I AM WORRYING ONLY HOW TO REDUCE TO WAIGHT BLOOD SUGAR AND HYPERTENSION IS UNDER CONTROL WITH USING MEDICIANS.
PLEASE SUGGEST ME HOW TO REDUCE THE WEIGHT.
Posted Thu, 8 Aug 2013 in Weight

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 29 minutes later
HI, thanks for using healthcare magic

Weight loss would definitely help control your blood sugars, help with the blood pressure and also help with the cholesterol values.

There are different diets to reduce weight but because you are a diabetic, you may want to try the low carbohydrate diet because it would also have an immediate good impact on your blood sugars as well.

This is because carbohydrates cause the blood sugars to go up when a person eats or drinks them. When you use carbohydrates the body tries to reduce the blood sugar by letting out insulin.

Insulin does different things in the body, it reduces the blood sugars but it also stops the body from breaking down fat. This means that if you reduce the amount of carbohydrate that you use, your body would then make less insulin and more fat would start to break down and you would lose weight.

Being on a low carb diet means reducing the amount of rice/potato/pasta/bread/biscuits/ any flour product/ most fruits.

You can use any amount of protein whether animal or plant (if you are a vegetarian). This means eggs/meat/cheese/milk/fish

Use alot of water, no sodas or fruit drinks.

Use 1 to 2 cups of salad a day and 1 to 2 cups of low carbohydrate vegetables a day with your meals.

A meal would consist of protein along with the salad or vegetables with water to drink.

Because you reduce the carbohydrates the blood sugars would go down and you may not need as much diabetic medication ,so you would need to monitor them throughout the day.

I hope this helps, feel free to ask any other questions

Follow-up: Diabetic and suffering from hypertension. Have gained weight. Suggest ways to reduce weight? 1 hour later
Thanks Doctor.

Since from last week I am using following things.

1) Morning Breakfast 5 am to 5:30 am
2) 8 am having a tea with lime without sugar
3)10 to 11 am cucumber and one XXXXXXX
4) 12 to 13 one cup of tea without sugar
5) 3 pm one glass laben low fat salad.
6) 6 pm cup of tea with milk
7) 8 pm two chapathi with one cup of rice with vegetables.twice a week I will taken chicken limited.
with these diet is ok or I have to add or reduce something.

before I have practice of taking one cup of milk with Horlicks.
I can continue using milk Morning or Night.

whatever I am using it is ok for me.

Thanks and Regards

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 7 minutes later
Hi

Your diet is essentially healthy. There are a few changes I would suggest: reduce the rice and chapathi (these are carbohydrates and would cause your body to make insulin and the insulin would stop the body's fat from breaking down).

Horlicks with milk can add up to 30 grams of carbohydrates which is alot, you may want to reduce your use of this as well.
Tea bags such as green tea for example would be better, these are mainly flavour and do not contain carbs.

Use at least 8 glasses of water daily

please feel free to ask any thing else

Follow-up: Diabetic and suffering from hypertension. Have gained weight. Suggest ways to reduce weight? 5 minutes later
Dear Doctor

Please advice me what I should take instead of chapatti and Rice here we will get these things wheat chapatti and Rice.

please let me know instead of these what I should take .

Thanks and Regards

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 4 minutes later
Hi

You can increase the amount of vegetables, salad or protein that you use to replace the chapathi and rice.
Low carbohydrate vegetables, salads and protein do not cause the body to release insulin so fat would then start breaking down and weight would be loss.

Please feel free to ask anything else

Follow-up: Diabetic and suffering from hypertension. Have gained weight. Suggest ways to reduce weight? 3 minutes later
Dear Doctor .

Thanks for the suggestion.

XXXXX XXXXXXX

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 2 hours later
You are welcome, feel free to contact with any other queries

Follow-up: Diabetic and suffering from hypertension. Have gained weight. Suggest ways to reduce weight? 5 days later
Dear Doctor.

Please keep it secret last three month I am suffering from sexual problem within a second my penis become like rubber please advice me what to do to increase the my sexual life .
I am feeling that my penis becoming smaller compare to before there is any chances for becoming small and not proper erections also.
please doctor advice me.

Thanks and Regards

Answered by Dr. Michelle Gibson James 15 minutes later
HI

Many men have this problem.
With your history of diabetes and hypertension, it is possible that it is related to these conditions.

Diabetes and high blood pressure can affect the blood supply to the penis and cause erectile dysfunction.
The other causes of erectile dysfunction are hormonal problems or a problem with the nerve supply to the penis.

Most men who have this problem and as I said this includes alot of men with high blood pressure and diabetes, use medication to help.

Medication like viagra, cialis and levitra work well for erectile dysfunction (ED).

Your doctor can recommend whichever one is available at your local pharmacy.They all work well.

IN terms of size, once the penis reaches its final size as a teenager, it does not usually change.

Please feel free to ask anything else