Diabetic and on medication. Fluctuating blood glucose levels. Suggest the medicines for diabetes?

I am XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXX a diabetic since last 13 Years, right now I am taking below mentioned medicine on prescription of Dr. A. Ramachandran, Chennai & V. XXXXXXX from Chennai. My blood glucose level fluctuated much, now by taking these medicine my fasting is around 80-130.
P.P is around 200 & HbA1C = 11.8
Estimated protein excretion per day is 497.
Please suggest that if above medicines are adequate. I want to come out of Insulin. It will be better if you can suggest some better/ latest group of medicines for me for my diabetes check & well being.

My Best Regards.
Posted Mon, 2 Sep 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Pratap VGM 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Need some changes in medicine

Detailed Answer:

Welcome to XXXXXXX

1. Your variable sugar control is due to XXXXXXX phenomenon, which happens when you are on split mix therapy. You can avoid it by decreasing the dosage of insulin at night times

2. Proteinuria signifies the progressive nephropathy which can be slowed down if you use ace inhibitor group of drugs such as ramipril or ARB such as losartan.

3. There is no alternative to insulin. However in near future the ultra koni acting insulins will come to market which you can take two or three days once. The newer group of medicines include gliptins and SGLT 2 inhibitors which are considered safe. Consult your doctor once regarding it

Feel free to ask question