Diabetic and have indigestion with acidity. Takes mucaine and omez regularly. Any side effect?

This query is for my husband. is the prolonged use of mucaines gel harmful. my husband is diabetic and often experiences indigestion and acidity. can he take it on a regular basis. somebody has suggested that he take it on a regular basis. also can he take omez capsules everyday. the same person has recommended them too. are there any side effects. Please advice.
Posted Thu, 26 Sep 2013 in Medicines and Side Effects
Answered by Dr. Shanthi.E 20 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No major side effects in both drugs

Detailed Answer:

I understand your concerns for your husband. Both Mucaine Gel and Omez are routinely used for gastritis and indigestion problem.

Yes, he can take both on a regular basis. There are no major side effects for both the drugs. However, in the long-run, life-style changes in the form of healthy non-spicy, non-oily, low fat diet would help your husband.

He must include vegetable salads and fruits more in his diet.

The side effects of both the drugs are minimal like nausea, constipation, fatigue, muscle pain, dizziness, and headache.

Hope this helps you.