Diabetic and have high blood pressure. Taking januvia and metformin. What dosage can be taken?

I am diabetic type 2 and high blood pressure. I'm taking Januvia 100 mg, Metformin 1000 mg twice a day, Glipizide 20 mg twice a day. I want to change the metformin 1000 at night to Janumet 50/1000. is that Ok. The januvia will be 150 mg per day instead of 100mg
Posted Wed, 26 Jun 2013 in Diabetes
Answered by Dr. Basheer Ahamed 8 hours later

Welcome to XXXXXXX Thanks for the query.

The usual recommended dose of Sitagliptin is 100 mg/day.

You're an elderly diabetic and Sitagliptin on 150 mg/day is not advisable for you.

Sitagliptin needs renal dose adjustment.
Based on the creatinine clearance the dose of sitagliptin is decided.

For patient on Sitagliptin like you periodic assessment of renal function is recommended.

Hope the answer helps you.
Pleased to answer other queries.